No one wants to or expects to deal with a complicated divorce. If you find yourself involved in one, hopefully, it’s amicable and without complication. But, it’s all too common for divorces, especially with a child’s involvement, to become a mess. Kendall Investigations often sees clients who need assistance regarding partners parting and the process before the final papers are signed.
Why Do People Get Divorced?
The United States has the sixth-highest divorce rate in the world! It may not happen overnight, it could evolve over time. When you look back you realize things with your spouse are different. Maybe they’re coming home late every night. Or, maybe they’re all consumed by their phone, and any time you talk it results in an argument. Or perhaps you’re finding them all dressed up for the evening and you’re not a part of it.
There are countless reasons that can lead to an ultimate end to a relationship. Before papers are discussed, some individuals may seek out a private investigator, like Kendall Investigations to help determine if splitting is the right decision. Here are some top reasons why couples ultimately split –
- Cheating / infidelity
- Financial turmoil
- Breakdown of communication
- Incessant arguing
- Weight gain
- Unrealistic expectations
- Lost intimacy
- Lack of equality
- Not prepared for marriage in the first place
- Physical and/or emotional abuse
The above list may seem simple but it’s more complicated than that. The list of reasons doesn’t spell out the entire story or context of any given relationship. The main causes for divorce are ones reported by couples undergoing the process but that doesn’t elaborate on the nuances of each situation. One trend seems to exist with the failure of marriages – betrayal. Before traveling down the road to breaking up, finding the facts may help with decision-making. By contacting Kendall Investigations you can work with Ken Shull to drill down on what’s really happening before jumping to conclusions.
Using a Private Investigator
Considering hiring a private investigator may be more common than you think. After all, pursuing a divorce is a very serious and final decision. Every day people contact Kendall Investigations and other PIs to drill down into what’s going on before putting their next foot forward toward calling it quits. There are various reasons why a person might pursue a private investigator.
- Child Support. The children must be a top priority and are one in the eyes of the courts. Distrust with finances often pops up because one party decides to hide money to avoid child support costs. A private investigator has the ability to research assets and what’s really going on with the other party’s finances.
- Child Custody. Even more important than money is who will actually be caring for the child. In cases where adultery or drug/alcohol abuse cropped up, Kendall Investigations would be able to investigate the behaviors of the suspected parent. When it comes to caring for the kids, you’ll gain peace of mind if assumptions go out the window and you know exactly what’s happening with the person responsible for your child when you’re not around.
- Division of property. Yet again, finding out the truth on who controls what assets and if they’re sneaking information behind their partner’s back will settle which person walks away with certain possessions or assets. A private investigator can drill down into the nitty-gritty to assure that you’re getting what you should.
The Polygraph Exam
To round out the steps toward divorce, some individuals opt to pursue a polygraph test. In some cases, this might actually be a first step into possibly repairing a marriage before the final papers hit the desk. Some relationship experts actually recommend lie detectors to assist with marital troubles. Kendall Investigations recommends it for potential reconciliation or various other reasons.
- Rebuilding Trust. Lay it all out on the table and feel confident the truth has been revealed. Then maybe the foundation can be structured once more for a trusting relationship.
- Determine The Truth on Adulterous Accusations. Utilizing a polygraph exam will lay it bare on the table for each party involved to see what’s actually going on and if one is cheating. Ken Shull with Kendall Investigations earned his Master’s Degree in Polygraphy and has the expertise to correctly read the results to insure a trustworthy result.
- Find Out Their Whereabouts. If your partner disappears all of the time and you need to know if they really were just taking a walk on the local trail or seeing someone else secretly, a lie detector test can help determine that.
Divorce comes across as a dirty word that no one wants to tackle especially when children are tangled up in the process. Proceeding with terminating a marriage can be time-consuming and stressful. One way to place your ducks in a row is to work with a private investigator to straighten everything out.
If you have the facts entering the proceedings, it’s easier to deal with the black and white of the matter. In an ideal situation, a PI may reveal you’ve suffered needless worry and may be able to reconcile. Or, you’ll experience the best of a bad situation and have your facts prepared to ultimately achieve a fair and balanced settlement.
Uncover the truth!
Ken Shull served as a Special Agent with the FBI for almost 25 years and was head of the FBI Polygraph program until his retirement in 2001. At that time he set up the Kendall Investigations practice as a private investigator in Knoxville, TN offering Polygraph services, private investigations, and security guards. Ken is a member of the American Polygraph Association and The American Association of Police Polygraphists.
The Truth is Still the Truth Even if No One Believes it, A Lie is Still a Lie Even if Everyone Believes it.