Some relationships find a flow from the start. It's love at first sight. The couple travels down a path to marry and start a family. After the kids hit elementary school, the relationship erodes. One of the parents squanders and hides money while they use dating apps. The kids' future turns into an uncertain custody case. Then the couple finds themselves debating what's best for the kids and where they'll end up.
Or, on the converse, two people meet quickly and accidentally discover they're expecting a baby. After the baby enters the world, the incompatible parents want nothing to do with each other, but each wants custody of the baby.
These situations, among endless others, occur every day. Child custody battles often turn messy, stressful, and even dirty. If you've landed in a spot where you want the best environment for your child, consulting with a private investigator, such as Kendall Investigations, could prove an invaluable resource. Owner Ken Shull offers the expertise needed to research and prepare for child custody cases. You need a team to help with these types of situations. Adding a PI to the mix enhances what a lawyer can do in court for you.
Why a Private Investigator?
Suppose there's a battle between yourself and another on who has the kids and when; hiring a PI comes with many benefits. If you work with Kendall Investigations, they'll start a child custody investigation to ultimately prepare you so the kids land in the best possible outcome. During a child custody investigation, a kid's treatment and overall well-being are studied.
The process's purpose is to provide courts with unbiased and reliable information. After the investigation, the findings are handed over to a litigant's lawyer.
The ultimate goal when working with a PI such as Kendall Investigations includes –
- Visitation rights
- Criminal activity of a parent
- Sexual abuse
- Visitation rights
- Examining lifestyle and stability of home
- Researching domestic violence…
The list continues beyond just those few examples. At the end of the day, keeping your children's best interest at heart and hiring a private investigator adds due diligence on your part and can be the difference in how the custody decision comes down.
What Would a Private Investigator Do?
To round out the steps toward divorce, some individuals opt to pursue a polygraph test. In some cases, this might actually be a first step into possibly repairing a marriage before the final papers hit the desk. Some relationship experts actually recommend lie detectors to assist with marital troubles. Kendall Investigations recommends it for potential reconciliation or various other reasons.
Working with Kendall Investigations, or a private investigator located in your town, you'll realize that there's a laundry list of tasks accomplished to hand over to the lawyer for a case. Hiring a PI consists of many services they'll provide to you.
Here are a few things a private investigator could do for you –
- Evidence gathering. Before Kendall Investigations would even hit the ground running on helping a client with a child custody case, there would be a meeting first. A PI gathers critical information to prepare for the investigation. Information regarding infidelity, sneaky behavior, etc., provide invaluable information to prepare research for the case.
- Conduct interviews. By interviewing witnesses such as neighbors, teachers, parents of friends, etc., you'll secure some information that doesn't come directly from a feuding parent to paint a more accurate picture of the situation.
- Research Assets. Looking into the other parent's assets can determine if that person has been hiding any money and ultimately avoiding the cost of raising a child.
- Background checks. A simple background check digs into the personal and criminal history of the other partner.
- Lie detection. Kendall Investigations specializes in polygraph services. Questions can be asked, and answers discerned so they can be provided to the litigation team to assist with the case. Even with research and evidence gathering, this offers a supplemental option, so there's comfort in knowing the truth has been determined.
After the initial meeting with your private investigator, you'll learn about how all of these facets of services collect to create a case for your custody.
Having a child never starts with the expectation of a custody battle. Unfortunately, children often find themselves ensnared in parents' fights and squabbles over where they'll end up. Starting off the custody battle journey with a private investigator puts your ducks in a row. It prepares you to face the case, ready to advocate for your child. On top of finding themselves stuck in a web of uncertainty, kids can't easily advocate for themselves. Working with a private investigator will kick off your journey to do what's best for your child.
Uncover the truth!
Ken Shull served as a Special Agent with the FBI for almost 25 years and was head of the FBI Polygraph program until his retirement in 2001. At that time he set up the Kendall Investigations practice as a private investigator in Knoxville, TN offering Polygraph services, private investigations, and security guards. Ken is a member of the American Polygraph Association and The American Association of Police Polygraphists.
The Truth is Still the Truth Even if No One Believes it, A Lie is Still a Lie Even if Everyone Believes it.