A child custody investigation refers to a special type of observation that is done by a specialized Private Investigator in Knoxville, TN to ensure that the child is being treated well and safe with the parent with whom they are staying. A child custody investigation is carried out as a part of the divorce, separation, or custody case. If you think that a parent or relative may not be treating the child well or may be involved in criminal activity, drug abuse, alcoholism, smoking or might neglect the child, then hiring a professional investigator for child custody investigation can help you to find the evidence that you need. Child custody investigation involves an expert Private Investigator in Knoxville, TN performing careful observation and assessment of how the child is being treated by the parents. The final report of the investigation can be presented in court. It is considered reliable evidence to make an unbiased decision for child custody, especially in the case of divorce.
How Does a Private Investigator in Knoxville Perform a Child Custody Investigation?
Based on the type of case, the investigator will carry out surveillance mainly through direct observation of how the child is being treated by the parent or guardian. A Private Investigator in Knoxville, TN canl also document any acts of negligence or inappropriate behavior with the child. The evidence could be in the form of photos, videos, audio, or even a combination of them all. The Private Investigator in Knoxville, TN will also contact witnesses like family members, relatives, or friends and record their statements. In a child custody investigation, when investigating either parent, the Private Investigator in Knoxville, TN also conducts a proper background check and looks out for evidence of alcoholism, drug abuse, gambling, involvement in accidents, reckless driving, and several other activities that negatively impact a child. A private investigator can also help with identifying if the parent is providing all the basic necessities to the child, such as good and healthy food, clean living space, clean clothes, and most importantly, emotional support. Meticulous documentation of the home environment and the living conditions can be gathered by the Private Investigator in Knoxville.
What Could be the Outcome of the Child Custody Case?
The decision of the child’s custody is not something a private investigator can decide, that decision lies with the Court, but the evidence gathered by the private investigator will be taken into account along with any other evidence presented. The different types of custody that the parents can receive can be the following:
- Physical Custody – This type of custody decides which parent (mother, father) the child will live with.
- Legal Custody – The parent having legal custody of the child can make legal decisions for the child.
- Sole Custody – In this type of custody, one parent (either mother or father) has physical and legal custody of the child. The other parent may have the right to visit and spend time with the child but cannot make any decisions for the child.
- Joint Physical Custody – In this type of custody, the child spends frequent and continuous time with both parents. For example, the child may live one week with the father and the following week with the mother.
- Joint Legal Custody – In this type of custody, both parents have the right to voice their opinion regarding the child.
In case of any major dispute, they can approach the court for a decision.
Is a Child Custody Investigation Really Needed?
Parting ways with a spouse or partner is never easy. A child custody investigation is not needed in all cases. However, a child custody investigation may be required for the following cases.
- The safety of the child is under question.
- One of the parents is concerned about the safety of the child.
- Complete peace of mind is needed regarding the protection and welfare of the child.
- The child is left abandoned most of the time.
- The parent is having issues with drugs or alcohol, or both.
- There is a false allegation of negligence or abuse against the parent for the child.
If you feel there is a need for a child custody investigation, it is a wise decision to hire a Private Investigator in Knoxville, TN. They are a specialist at their job of child custody and safety. The Private Investigator in Knoxville, TN would ensure complete confidentiality in the investigation.
Uncover the truth!
Ken Shull served as a Special Agent with the FBI for almost 25 years and was head of the FBI Polygraph program until his retirement in 2001. At that time he set up the Kendall Investigations practice as a private investigator in Knoxville, TN offering Polygraph services, private investigations, and security guards. Ken is a member of the American Polygraph Association and The American Association of Police Polygraphists.
The Truth is Still the Truth Even if No One Believes it, A Lie is Still a Lie Even if Everyone Believes it.