You've seen it before on TV… Some scummy guy with five-day-old stubble is manhandled to sit in a rickety chair and take a lie-detector test. He's strapped in, and the lights in the room dim as he swears innocence on his first-born child's life. But his pale sweat-soaked face indicates more. However, in real life, things are very different!
The need for polygraph testing may not be as exciting as what you see on the big screen, but it serves as a critical element in many people's lives. You may not think it would ever apply to you, but the "average Joe" often is the one who needs a test the most. Ken Shull with Kendall Investigations is a world-leading expert on this subject and would be happy to discuss polygraph testing with you.
Who Could Benefit from a Polygraph?
The general public seeks out polygraph testing more than you'd realize. From the suspecting husband to the mother concerned with a family member's drug use, polygraph testing can help you find the answers you need. Kendall Investigations is equipped to address any particular need you may have. Common types of requests include –
- Relationship Issues - Sure, it was a whirlwind romance, and you were both happily skipping through the honeymoon phase of your relationship. What if your significant other has started to come home from work late every night five years in and three kids later? And when they're home, they're sucked into their phone mindlessly putzing around while you hold down the fort? To avoid unnecessary tension and, 'he said, she said,' battles, taking a polygraph could settle the concern.
- Family Disputes – This one can quickly become a messy mud pit of misunderstanding. Family members seem to have a knack for getting under each other's skin, and it's even more evident when significant events happen in the family. Allowing Kendall Investigations to conduct a test can help determine where the truth lies. You'd want an answer ASAP if you suspect that your brother swiped mom's missing wedding ring when cleaning out mom and dad's estate. If the ring merely ended up missing, you'd be facing a tragedy with a family rift over nothing.
- Abuse Concerns – This serious topic is one that no one would want to wait and see what happens. If you start feeling sneaky suspicions that your child is suffering from abuse and you have a feeling you know who it is, you'd want to find out immediately. Administering a test right away can either alleviate your worst fears or provide you with proof that the child's situation must change without delay.
Do your Research!
Are you suspicious of a situation, and do you think a polygraph test can answer your questions? If so, you can't simply run down the road to see if your neighbor on the corner has a lie detector sitting under layers of dust in his garage. An examiner requires education, certification, testing, and skills to perform the tests.
Ken Shull with Kendall Investigations completed all the requirements to be an expert administrator. And not all testers are created equal. Ken is the only person in the world who has obtained a Master's of Science in Polygraphy. Though located in Knoxville, he's taken his invaluable expertise throughout the U.S. to lecture and train other examiners.
When researching examiners, keep in mind that the ideal administrator must possess several qualities to be a successful examiner –
- Finish the appropriate schooling
- Fieldwork / Independent study completed
- State licensure obtained
- Certification acquired
- Continuing training pursual
- Stellar interpersonal skills
- Writing ability
- Critical thinking
- Math and scientific-oriented personality
We've only touched on a small sampling of why you might need to hire a polygraph tester like Ken Shull with Kendall Investigations. You may be sitting there thinking right now about how you've always wondered if your child in high school was really at the library after school. Maybe there's more to it if your nagging suspicion proves they've been engaging in drug activity after school and need help. Sometimes white lies become more than that, and they snowball into a mess of an avalanche. If you need help clearing the uncertainty plaguing you, Kendall Investigations can help.
Uncover the truth!
Ken Shull served as a Special Agent with the FBI for almost 25 years and was head of the FBI Polygraph program until his retirement in 2001. At that time he set up the Kendall Investigations practice as a private investigator in Knoxville, TN offering Polygraph services, private investigations, and security guards. Ken is a member of the American Polygraph Association and The American Association of Police Polygraphists.
The Truth is Still the Truth Even if No One Believes it, A Lie is Still a Lie Even if Everyone Believes it.